Gas pressure up to 11 MPa
PG7102 covers gauge and absolute pressures above atmosphere with gas as the pressurized medium. Absolute mode is supported by automated measurement and addition of atmospheric pressure, using PG7102’s internal barometer or any external barometer supporting RS-232 communications. PG7102 does not cover absolute or gauge pressures below atmospheric pressure.
The PG7102 includes all PG7000 standard features (see “Description” tab) as well as:
- Simplified gas operated platform does not include vacuum reference capability.
- Accepts same gas operated piston-cylinder modules as PG7601 platform.
PG7000 Piston Gauge line features reference level pressure standards offering a unified solution from vacuum to 500 MPa
- State-of-the-art primary pressure standards for the lowest uncertainty levels
- Unified solution from vacuum to 500 MPa
- Outputs fully validated reference pressures in real time
- Intuitive local operator interface
- Manual, semi-automated and fully automated configurations
The PG7000 Series calibration standards are based on the fundamental principle of mass loaded onto a piston to apply a known force to a known effective area.
Integrated piston-cylinder modules
Each PG7000 piston-cylinder is an integrated metrological assembly that includes the critical piston-cylinder mounting components. All of the mechanical parts that affect piston cylinder metrology are associated with the individual piston-cylinder, rather than being common parts of the piston gauge platform, enabling the user to:
- Change ranges (piston-cylinders) in seconds, without using tools.
- Handle and interchange piston-cylinders without exposing critical surfaces to contamination.
- Protect the piston-cylinder from damage due to accidental shock or impact when handling.
- Improve measurement reproducibility by avoiding frequent assembly/disassembly of mounting components.
- Improve piston-cylinder mounting design by allowing each mounting system to be optimized for a piston-cylinder size and range.
|Power requirements||85 V ac to 264 V ac, 47 Hz to 440 Hz, 22 VA max consumption|
|Normal operating temperature range||18 °C to 28 °C (64 °F to 82 °F)|
|Weight||Instrument platform with no mass loaded:
13 kg (28 lb)
PG terminal 1.4 kg (3 lb)
|Dimensions||Instrument platform (HxWxD): 36 cm x 40 cm x 35 cm
(14.5 in x 15.8 in x 13.8 in)
Height: Top of mounting post with piston-cylinder module installed for
PG terminal (HxWxD): 12 cm x 15 cm x 20 cm (4.7 in x 5.9 in x 7.9 in)
|Communications ports||RS-232 COM1: Host computer
COM2: AMH automated mass handler, external barometer
COM3: Automated pressure controller
IEEE-488.2: Host computer
|Maximum pressure ranges||Actual range depends on piston-cylinder and mass set selection.|
|Operating media||Gas: air, helium, nitrogen|
|Pressure connections||Test port: DH200Note: DH200 and DH500 are gland and collar type fittings for 1/4 in (6 mm) coned and left hand threaded tube. DH200 is equivalent to AE SF250C, HIP LF4, etc. DH500 is equivalent to AE F250C, HIP HF4, etc.|
|CE conformance||Available, must be specified|