Fluke infrared cameras can see what cannot be seen through the naked eye, and those are underlying machine faults. What could have been something disastrous that is undetectable can now be identified with the help of infrared cameras. Therefore, most maintenance professionals make it a habit to have daily infrared inspections to assure that all systems are running smoothly. In line with this, it also proves to be a useful tool when unofficial maintenance checks occur. But above all else, these inspections would even be more efficient using Fluke tools.
Advantages of using infrared cameras.
There is more beneath the surface of Fluke infrared cameras than its obvious function of detecting hot and cold spots. These devices are used in most inspections because they are efficient and easy to use. Not only that, but it provides workers with much-needed protection by allowing them to take inspection rounds from a safe distance. Moreover, these Fluke infrared cameras also come in different types to fit the ideal operation you have.
Here are twelve advantages of infrared cameras in operations…
- It can capture thermal images of all electrical panels and other high-load connection points such as drives, disconnects, and controls.
- Infrared cameras can see invisible thermal signatures to prevent faults before the damage occurs.
- Can measure temperature quickly, at a distance, and without touching the object you are measuring.
- Finding faulty terminations in high power electrical circuits.
- Locating overloaded circuit breakers.
- Identifying fuses at or near their current rated capacity.
- Identifying problems in electrical switchgear.
- Monitoring and measuring bearing temperatures in large motors or other rotating equipment.
- Identifying “hot spots” in electronic equipment.
- Identifying leaks in sealed vessels.
- Finding faulty insulation in process pipes or other insulated processes.
- Capturing process temperature readings.
How do infrared inspections benefit multiple systems to run smoothly?
Having annual infrared inspections in your schedule can benefit your equipment. This will not only ensure optimal health, but it will ensure that no unwanted downtimes can occur. Plus, the best part is that it does not only focus on one part of machines but all the facets that are included.
In line with this, having infrared inspections can accommodate multiple faults in one go. It can answer problems with electrical systems, electromechanical systems, process operations, and building diagnostics. Here is how it can help…
1 Use them in inspecting electrical systems.
Infrared cameras are great for detecting faults in electrical systems without even getting close to the target. They can capture thermal readings from a distance, but this is not all that they can read. Moreover, they can diagnose several different things as well. Here are some of them…
- Unbalanced loads
- Harmonics issues
- Overloaded systems with excessive current
- Loose or corroded connections that cause increased resistance in the circuit
- Winding insulation failure in electric motors
- Component failure
- Wiring mistakes
- Underspecified components
2 They can also be used in troubleshooting electromechanical systems.
They are also the perfect tools for examining motors, pumps, turbines, heat exchangers, gearboxes, and low-speed rotating equipment. You see, rotating motors or equipment, in general, can exhume rigorous amounts of temperature which makes them a perfect patient of Fluke infrared technology to find the following faults…
- Reduced airflow from dust or debris
- Alignment issues
- Motor winding insulation problems
- Power quality problems
- Bearing issues
- Lubrication problems
3 Process operations can also greatly benefit from infrared inspections.
The uses of Fluke in infrared inspections do not stop with electrical systems and electromechanical systems. But it goes as far as promoting safe inspections for refractory structures, tanks, vessels, steam systems, and heaters and furnaces. The industries that require these inspections are mostly ones that engage in petroleum and chemical processing, plastic, and steel.
This alone speaks volumes about how potentially hazardous inspection can be for most workers in the industry. However, with the use of Fluke tools, you won’t be sacrificing your safety since you’ll be able to take measurements from afar. Infrared inspections using Fluke tools can allow you to detect the following faults…
- Damaged refractory insulation
- Worn or leaking pipes
- Defective valves and steam traps
- Abnormal heat flow and heat gradients
- Levels of solids, liquids, or gases in vessels such as storage tanks and silos
4 Building diagnostics
According to inertive, building diagnostics are made up of three main types and these are commissioning sensor-based monitoring, and investigation diagnostics. Technically, inspection is an important part of building diagnostics since buildings often do not perform as designed. Therefore, failures of building components and systems might take place.
The general steps to conduct a building diagnostic are:
- Collect data
- Identify the problem
- Define solutions
- Implement repairs
- Verify results
Fluke’s greatest function is to perform all these 5 steps with ease and security. Considering that thermal imaging has been saturated with building diagnostics for a long time. We’ll give you a run-through on how thermal imagers can be useful when it comes to detection and providing solutions.
Thermal inspections using Fluke can let you…
- Improperly installed or missing insulation
- Heat loss or gain
- Air leakage and air bypass
- Improperly installed or damaged HVAC ductwork
- Leaks in buried steam or water lines
- Moisture intrusion in walls, ceilings, and roofs causes damage to insulation and building materials tiresome boast exude
Get your Fluke tools through an authentic source!
Hey, you made it to the bottom! So basically, those are the great functions of infrared cameras and how it keeps systems running smoothly. Basically, these tools will ultimately help you in everyday operation to keep your systems locked and steady. So, are you currently looking for the best-performing test tools in the market to run daily maintenance checks on your machines? You are in luck since Presidium PH is an authorized distributor of Fluke test tools in the Philippines. Prevent these faults from penetrating your machine by using the best test tools there are!
If you want to know more about Fluke tools and their functions, visit our website for more info! This is a one-stop-shop for the best test tools within Metro Manila.