Clamp meters are widely saturated because of their convenient and safe measurement functions. Believe it or not, without these innovative test tools, people would still be cutting wires and inserting test leads into the circuit to take an in-line current measurement. But this is old news. Thanks to advanced technology, people no longer need to perform drastic operations, when they want to make safe measurement rounds. These clamp meters for industrial use, prove to be a significant tool to every maintenance man or technician.
To this day, a lot of industries are in need of good functioning machines, wires, panels, and a lot more. Evidently, they need a tool that can perform well under pressure even in the roughest environments. This is where the expertise of clamp meters comes in. Basically, clamp meters are digital multimeters with current sensors. Ultimately, this combination makes them one of the most remarkable tools when you need to measure high current applications.
With Fluke Clamp Meters for industrial use, measurements are done quickly and safely without interrupting the flow of current and without the need for test leads. Now, let’s get to know the best fluke tools for industrial use!
Mostly, this is what your clamp meter consists of…
You could probably spot a clamp meter amongst other fluke devices simply because of its iconic red clamp situated at the top of the device. Yes, every clamp meter is different, but these features will most likely be present in each of them.
- Transformer Clamps – It senses the magnetic field of the current flowing through the conductor.
- Clamp Opening Trigger – It is used to open the clamp on top.
- Power Switch – It simply turns the device on and off.
- Back Light Button – Its function is to light up the LCD display for easier reading when you’re doing operations in the dark or at night.
- Hold Button – Used to hold the last value on the display.
- Negative / Ground Input Terminal – For connectivity purposes, it is used to join the negative/ ground jack of the meter cable.
- Positive Input Terminal – Used to connect the positive jack of the meter cable.
- LCD Display – It displays the measured value.
- Functional Rotary Switch – It is used to select the type and range of current being measured.
Clamp Meters for Industrial Use
The Fluke 355 True RMS AC/DC Clamp Meter for industrial use is the perfect tool when you’re measuring up to 2000 amps. The Fluke 355 also showcases wide jaws that can easily clamp around large conductors typically found in high current applications. One of the most applauded features that this clamp meter has is its ability to measure AC/DC currents. Additionally, you can also take accurate peak measurements that can be taken using the in-rush current mode. This feature is ideal when measuring motors and inductive loads. The 355 also measures voltage and resistance, making this the most versatile tool for utilities, electrical contractors, and industrial service technicians.
Other notable features:
- Quickly analyze readings using the MIN, MAX, and AVG functions.
- Use the low-pass filter to smooth out noisy loads and stabilize readings.
- CAT IV 600 V, CAT III 1000 V rating for added user protection.
- A large backlit display allows for easy visibility in low-lit areas.
- Use the display hold feature to capture readings even when the display cannot be viewed.
Fluke 376 True RMS AC/DC Clamp Meter with iFlex®
Expand Your Measurement Range with Increased Flexibility. You can measure around awkward-sized conductors with the Fluke 376 True RMS Clamp Meter with iFlex®, expanding your measurement range to 2500 A AC. With True RMS voltage and current measurements, the Fluke 376 can read up to 1000 V and 1000 A in both AC and DC modes.
- iFlex® Flexible Current Probe expands the measurement range to 2500 A AC
- CAT IV 600 V, CAT III 1000 V
- True RMS AC voltage and current for accurate measurements on non-linear signals
- Min, max, average and Inrush recording to capture variations automatically
- Integrated low pass filter and state-of-the-art signal processing allows for use in noisy electrical environments while providing stable readings
Get one from a trusted distributor.
Presidium PH is one of the trusted distributors of Fluke tools in the Philippines. They have a wide selection of test tools and Fluke accessories to choose from on their website. Therefore, if you want to have the best Fluke troubleshooting tools for industrial use in your possession, get it from Presidium PH!