What are solar powers?
When we hear about solar power or solar energy, the first thing that comes into our minds is the sun. In simple forms, it only means that something is being powered by the sun. And this does not only apply to minimal things, but it powers homes and establishments as well. Through the years, solar power has grown into a fascination for its powerful capacity to bring things to life through the sun.
So how do they do it? It is all because of the “photovoltaic effect”. You see, these solar panels are built with layers of silicone cells. Let us take a closer look at silicones. Silicones are nonmetals with conductive properties that allow them to absorb and convert sunlight into usable electricity. Therefore, when sunlight hits these silicone-infused panels, it will allow electrons to be set in motion creating a flow of electric current.
Why does a solar power plant need maintenance?
Let us make buying a car an example. Buying automobiles is a huge investment. More so because they do not usually come cheap. This leads us to the question, do you usually have your car checked, or do you just dismiss the sketchy sounds it makes over time?
Therefore regular maintenance checks are important because it makes certain that the product is working well. Such minimal sounds will lead to disastrous effects in the long run. Additionally, all things need to be maintained to function well. And this does not only apply to cars and solar power plants. It transcends to other things as well.
General maintenance checks for solar power plants:
- Make sure that there are no loose hanging wires in the array.
- Be sure that electrical enclosures are accessible only to authorized personnel.
- Make sure that there is no clogging or water pooling.
- Drainages surrounding the power plant must be adequate.
- Be certain that there are no ground erosions on the base of the ground mount system.
- Inverter pads should be debris-free.
- Be wary of animal infestation.
Fluke tools to maintain Solar Power Plants
A solar power plant’s purpose is to literally soak up sunlight. However, we cannot dismiss the harsh effects this may take on the panels in the long run. These Fluke Test Tools are the best maintenance tools in the market. Not only do they sport user-friendly features, but these devices are known to give you solutions to your machine’s shortcomings. Additionally, they have a solidified reputation of being durable, rugged, and reliable among other maintenance tools in the market.
Fluke Battery Analyzers for Solar Power Plant Maintenance
It is a given that solar energy comes from the sun. However, some solar panels are boosted by batteries. Mostly, they are powered by lithium batteries that can last up to 15 years. Additionally, these batteries are a known key component of every solar power plant. Therefore, regular maintenance of the batteries proves to be of utmost importance.
With the use of battery analyzers, these devices can make checkups or perform troubleshoot testing on stationary batteries and battery banks of all types.
Features of good battery analyzers:
- Can take measurements of internal battery resistance, DC and AC currents, and temperature readings.
- Has sequence measurement mode that can automatically or manually test a sequence of battery strings.
- A good thing to have for battery analyzers is comprehensive logging. This will allow you to review data and have it downloaded for on-the-go data
The Fluke BT500 Battery Analyzer actually has all of these qualities and more. They carry a broad range of battery analyzer functions from resistance tests to full condition testing. This device uses an automated string function testing and a test probe integrated infra-red temperature measurement system.
Fluke Insulation Testers for Solar Power Maintenance
A handy device to keep inside your toolbox. Insulation testers have multiple functions that can help solar operations and maintenance professionals find answers in regard to the machine’s health. Fluke insulation testers can determine power quality failures and perform spot checks. Furthermore, switchgear, conductors, and cables can also be saturated by this device.
Ideal features of an insulation tester include:
- Automatic power off to save battery
- Live circuit detection prevents insulation tests if voltage > 30 V is detected for added user protection.
- Auto-discharge of capacitive voltage for added user protection
The Fluke 1577 Insulation Multimeters are ideal for testing high-voltage equipment. It features superb features such as a magnetic hanging system that lets you work freehand and tend to other work. Furthermore, have the confidence of bringing it anytime anywhere since it sports rugged features and a hard case.
Fluke Clamp Meters for Solar Power Maintenance
Fluke clamp meters are known to be one of the best troubleshooting tools in the market. Clamp meters such as the Fluke 323 True RMS Clamp Meter can be used for RMS measurements, optimized ergonomics, and it sports a large display for efficient troubleshooting. Moreover, it provides a wide variety in terms of function and uses. Feel confident to verify the presence of load current and AC voltage. Additionally, Fluke clamp meters can also measure the continuity of circuits, switches, fuses, and contacts.
Features of a reliable clamp meter include:
- Rugged, reliable basic True-RMS clamp meter for measuring current up to 400 A
- Measures AC current to 400 A
- Measures AC voltage and DC voltage to 600 V
- Provides True RMS AC voltage and current for accurate measurements on non-linear signals
- Measures resistance to 4 kΩ with continuity detection
Fluke Digital Multimeters for Solar Power Maintenance
Solar power maintenance requires numerous electrical measurements. Therefore, using a Fluke Digital Multimeter is one of the most probable solutions to perform the best maintenance checks. Furthermore, these kinds of projects require a tool that can measure AC and DC voltages. Therefore a digital multimeter is one of the ideal choices when troubleshooting solar power maintenance. This device can do voltage detection, installation, and troubleshooting of the combiner box and inverter.
Look for the following features in a digital multimeter:
- Features a compact ergonomic design for one-handed operation
- Comes with a holster with probe holders for easy storage
- Features manual and automatic ranging
- Min/Max/Average to record signal fluctuations
Fluke Infrared Thermometers for Solar Power Maintenance
Sun and electricity are the key components when powering solar power plants.. This is one of the reasons why an Infrared Thermometer must be included in your solar operation and maintenance professional’s toolbox. Devices such as these can be handy when inspecting hotspots on PV modules, electrical panels, and breaker panels.
Helpful Features of Fluke VT04A Visual IR Thermometer:
- Features PyroBlend Plus optics to provide an excellent field of view for tight spaces and sharp images
- Provides temperature alarms and automated monitoring to identify intermittent problems overtime or get alerts of a temperature outside the expected range
- Presents hot and cold markers to instantly identify the hottest and coldest spots within the field of view
Get one of these cutting-edge tools at: https://presidium.ph/