How often do we identify its underlying deficiencies? Sometimes we almost don’t notice it at all. We just know the moment when it actually breaks down. But what if you can actually detect these mechanical failures in advance? In this way, you could immediately fix the damaged part of the machinery and save time. Luckily, the Fluke 810 Vibration Tester can provide easy and accurate electrical motor readings.
Spotting mechanical failures in advance
Waiting for these machines to actually break down before fixing it will undoubtedly be more costly. However, spotting minor deficiencies before it gets bigger will be more beneficial to maintain the longevity of the machine. Looking at an electrical motor, you would think that this huge piece of metal that helps make things run is a total buff guy. To tell you the truth, these motors are actually more sensitive than meets the eye. Moreover, there are a lot of factors contributing to their decay and deficiencies.
- Put them in the right temperature – Temperatures are an important element for an electrical motor to gain longevity. This is why they are mostly stored in places wherein temperatures can be balanced. Not too hot, and not too cold.
- They are sensitive to dust and contaminants – This is another reason why electrical motors are stored in closed places. This is to prevent them from being exposed to dust and other contaminants.
- Power surges – This is because some motors draw more power than they can handle. This can cause power surges and supply issues.
- Moisture and humidity exposure is a no-no! – Electrical motors that are constantly being exposed to moisture and humidity can shorten a motor’s life.
- Lubricating the motor is easier said than done – Mechanical engineers with experience are usually tasked to lubricate engines. This is also one of the sensitive parts of the machine since the right balance of lubrication is needed. Too much lubrication will be bad and less lubrication will not suffice as well.
Fluke’s Vibration Tester’s cool and innovative functions!
Predictability is Fluke’s Vibration Tester’s middle name! Depending on the size of the actual machine, finding faults might be like searching for a needle in a haystack. Fortunately, these devices feature high-end functions that can make your life way easier! For people who are in the technical or mechanical field, the Vibration Tester is definitely an essential tool for you! They are the most advanced troubleshooting device that can immediately pinpoint deficiencies with your devices or machines.
Vibration Testers are every maintenance professional’s best friend!
Maintenance professionals are the ones who handle the overall health of the machine. They have the power to understand the motor and prevent any halting of production. They are the ones to diagnose electrical motors to determine whether it is becoming hazardous to people who use them. This is why, our valued maintenance people, need good devices to go hand-in-hand with them for ensuring the safety of the machines and workers.
It is already a given that these motors do not come at a cheap price. Therefore, maintaining these electrical motors can become costly if such deficiencies are not spotted immediately. These responsibilities all fall on our maintenance professionals. With that in mind, the Fluke Vibration Testers are a total godsend for them. It will make their job a lot less of a hassle. This device will allow them to quickly perform vibration analysis and evaluate the motor’s alignment accurately.