Throughout the years, many companies have transitioned from “run-to-fail” maintenance strategies to preventive maintenance strategies. This is because as many companies found, have allowed lower maintenance costs and lower production costs.
However, over the past couple of years, many of the biggest companies have transitioned from preventive maintenance to condition-based maintenance. With this new type of maintenance, machines are measured through vibration analysis. Vibration analysis is a non-invasive, non-machine tearing technique that allows engineers to find out the condition of a machine not before and not too late. Through vibration analysis, when a machine condition fault comes up, a repair is automatically scheduled as needed.
What are the benefits of vibration testing?
- This allows predictability, in that it allows you time to schedule repairs and to acquire the parts that you need ahead of time.
- Vibration testing makes the work environment more safe as it allows you to pull out equipment before it becomes hazardous for everyone.
- This process allows for fewer unexpected failures, which helps to keep production from stopping unexpectedly, which could thereby cut into the bottom line.
- Vibration analysis also allows increased intervals in maintenance. This then extends the life of the equipment and allows you to schedule maintenance only when needed.
- When you use vibration testing, this makes equipment more reliable as it incurs fewer unexpected failures because you will be able to identify problem areas before they fail.
- Finally, this gives engineers the peace of mind they need when coming up with maintenance schedules, budgeting and estimating equipment productivity.
All in all, having an advanced vibration tool on hand allows for higher productivity and lesser machine failures.
The mechanics of vibration testing can be summarized into three simple steps:
- First, by identifying the vibration peaks relating to the source components on the machine.
- Second, by then looking for patterns in the data based on vibration rules.
- Lastly, by measuring the amplitude of the vibration peak to determine the severity of the fault.
Once you’ve determined the fault and severity, you’ll be able to recommend a repair and create a specific work order needed.
Tags: clamp meter price philippines, fluke authorized distributor philippines, fluke calibration, fluke calibration tools, fluke digital multimeter price philippines, fluke distributor philippines, fluke industrial group tools, fluke multimeter philippines, fluke philippines, fluke tester price philippines, multimeter philippines