Determining accurate calibration of pressure switches is an essential method to ensure quality and safe operation of the equipment. It is similar to pressure gauge calibration which measures voltage or continuity across a set of switch contacts through (Digital Multimeter) DMM or a calibrator. It is important to know that the purpose of calibration is to detect and correct errors in the set point and dead band of the pressure switch. It helps save time and processes as it reduces the amount of equipment needed for a calibration job. Having the right calibration tools can enable many technicians’ work to be automated.
To perform the test:
- Make sure to safely disconnect the device from the process it controls.
- Connect the calibrator or DMM to the common and NO (normally open) output terminals of the switch. This process should measure an “open circuit” for continuity. If, however, you are measuring V ac be sure the tool is properly rated towards the voltage that is being measured.
- Connect the pressure switch to a pressure source such as a hand pump that can be connected to a gauge.
- Increase the source pressure to the set point of the switch until the switch changes state from open to close. Manually record the pressure value when the DMM indicates a “short circuit”. If you are using a calibrator, it should record the value for you.
- Continue to increase the pressure until you reach the maximum rated pressure. Slowly reduce the pressure until the switch changes state again, and resets from closed to open, then record the pressure.
- The set point pressure should be recorded when the pressure was rising. The dead band value is the difference between the rising set point pressure and the falling pressure reset point.
Every mechanical and electrical work that requires pressure devices should be carefully tested. It is significant in order to have a safe and high-quality work procedures. Having the right calibration tools will not just ensure the safety of those who will use the device but also ensure convenience and efficiency. If you are looking for a significant and reliable calibration tools, Presidium.ph Corporation is the one that you might want to consider. We are one of the country’s official distributor of Fluke Industrial Group and Fluke Calibration products. Fluke is the world leader in the manufacture and distribution of any electronic test tools. We can assure you that our line of measurement and calibration tools are safe and highly functional.
Tags: clamp meter price philippines, fluke authorized distributor philippines, fluke calibration, fluke calibration tools, fluke digital multimeter price philippines, fluke distributor philippines, fluke industrial group tools, fluke multimeter philippines, fluke philippines, fluke tester price philippines, multimeter philippines